Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Um.. I'll take... Door # 3?



I saw this quote today when I was stumbling.  It really made me think, because, in case you didn't know...

I LOVE school. I mean, I REALLY LOVE it. Like, a lot.

But unfortunately I haven't been so fabulous at it for the past couple of semesters. Don't get me wrong, I've still LOVED it, but Life has just gotten in the way of the grades.  Its kinda a sore spot for me.

So, OF COURSE I grit my teeth, and tell myself that I will do better next semester. Which is what I told myself last semester. And I did, but just not good enough for my own standards.  So what can I do?  I can be strengthened from the experience of not living up to my own goals, standards, and potentials, or I could sit here and cry.

WELL I'm not really a crier (except that I am. Just not in this situation :P).

So I guess my decision is made!

I will do better next semester, just like I did this semester.

And in the mean time I will ROCK. IT. OUT. when I research in Alabama this summer.

I have to let the part of me that is disappointed in myself go, so that I can focus on moving on and doing better. Not letting it destroy me or define me. It's hard, because I often just beat myself up. But "Life is a series of self-evaluations and self-improvements," according to Dr. Pantano. And I feeeeeeel like he might be right! Especially because his class was my favorite this semester.

On a lighter note, I would just like to stop and take a minute to point out how fabulous it feels to take care of your world, your home, and your body.  Recycling is the best!  Taking time to focus on my health (in conjunction with my faith), and just generally thinking about how to maybe give back to the world, even if it is just a little bit, is always a fabulous feeling. Just try it! Just puuut the bottle in the recycling bin. You can do it, I promise!  AND upon placement in the bin, take a moment to revel in it. :D There, isn't that wonderful?

The whole taking care of your home thing is a direct result of the lackthereof on my life.  My apartment, my truck, and most of my clothes are a complete and total MESS. And let me tell you, it really just throws off your mojo. Okay? So take a minute. Do something good for yourself. Eat a package of apple slices. They wake you up in the morning more than a cup of coffee, have excellent fiber that kick-starts your metabolism, and if they are already cut, they're just ready for you to go!  Then, when you finish, you can throw the trash into the recycle bin, and complete a wonderful morning on the way to your spiffy-clean and vacuumed car.  Trust me, it's the little things. :)

<3 Melissa

P.S. This one is dedicated to Melena! Because if it wasn't for her fabulous trip, I would be too busy to write this :) I love you, and stay safe in California! Your safety on your flights is on my mind and in my prayers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment